Things to keep in mind while preparing for IBPS RRB Assistants/Officer Scale Exam
Dear aspirants, are you proficient in local languages and have some computer skills? If yes, then IBPS RRB (Regional Rural Banks aka Gramin Banks) Assistant and Officer Scale is the right career for you. IBPS RRB has opened doors to such opportunities for the aspirants seeking career in IBPS RRB. IBPS authority has closed the online applications in first week of July and the exam dates are out.
Below are the important exam dates:
The Officer Grade posts are categorised as ‘Group A’ and Assistant posts as ‘Group B’. There’a slight difference in the eligibility in terms of age, educational qualifications, etc. So, it’s better to thorough details before applying for the exams.
People staying in rural areas prefer their own local language in banks instead of English language. RRB assistants/officers have to deal with farmers, small-businessmen of the rural areas, which is why utmost importance is given to the local language in the recruitment process.
IBPS RRB Vacancies
Similarities in IBPS Assistant and Officer Posts
Candidates who have applied for officer scales or assistants have to appear for two online exams. A graduate degree is required for both the posts. After the two-phase exams, an interview is conducted.
Differences in IBPS Assistant and Officer Posts
1. There is a difference in educational qualification required, age limit, salary, application fees.
2. Apart from these, there is a difference in the tasks involved.
IBPS RRB Officers (Group A - Scale I, Scale II and Scale III) are considered to be higher level management whereas RRB Assistant is a lower divisional management.
Since, RRB Assistant is the entry point in this career, it involves supporting various bank functions such as managing inquiry counters, managing withdrawal, managing receipts, managing emails and delivery, and coordination with various other departments of the bank.
Officer level posts will involve below tasks:
● Banking Activities Regulation
● Loans and Credit Facility
● Checking Credit Profiles of the customers
● Implementation of new schemes passed by Central Government for rural areas
● Communicating different/new policies to local people
3. Difference in salary
Starting with the basic salary as a Office Assistant, one can climb up the ladder and get promoted to Officer III post based on good performance and experience.
Here’s the difference in the salary structure between the various RRB posts:
Rs. 29000 to Rs. 33000/- per month
Officers Scale - II
Rs. 33000 to Rs. 39000/- per month
Officers Scale - III
Rs.38000 to Rs. 44000/- per month
Below are some of the strategies/tips to crack various subjects for IBPS RRB Exam.
How to prepare for English language?
1. Understand the basics of grammar very well
2. Improve your vocabulary by reading good newspapers, novels, watching english movies, english news channels, or from other best resources
3. Improve your reading speed. This would help you to solve the reading comprehension easily.
4. Work on sentence formation
5. Work on English spellings
6. Learn new idioms and phrases every day
7. Practice mock tests. Try to complete the mock paper with proper time management
How to prepare for Reasoning Ability?
Reasoning ability is tested to check the intellect of the student.
1. Gather proper study material before starting the preparation.
2. Get familiar with various formulae, short-cuts and apply them while applying mock tests.
3. Get used to the habit of solving easy questions first, followed by difficult ones.
Odd man out, series test, analogy, Direction Sense Test are considered as easy topics
4. Now move towards towards the medium difficulty-level questions - Syllogism, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, etc.
5. After attempting the easy and medium-level questions, try to solve questions time-consuming questions based on Seating Arrangement, Complex Puzzle, Floor Puzzle, etc.
6. Following these steps, try to solve mock tests, analyse your weaknesses and work on them accordingly.
How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude?
This is the subject which students fear the most. But by applying proper strategies, this section can definitely help in cracking the exam easily.
● After browsing through the syllabus, analyse which topics you already know. If you are completely naive to all the topics,
● then start with the simplest chapter first. Get the hang of all the basic concepts, short-cuts for each topic, practice chapter-wise, analyse your weaknesses, and work on them.
● Repeat this process for all the topics. After you study all the topics, practice full mock tests.
How to prepare for General Awareness?
Being one of the important subject, General awareness is one of the most ignored topics for various competitive exams.
● It spans various topics such as Indian politics, Indian government, education, sports, news, etc.
● In the era of 4G, there are many ways in which one can keep himself/herself updated with the latest happenings.
● You can read newspaper, follow news channels, read magazines, browse through Internet, attempt GK mock tests/quizzes, or read news on current affairs mobile app.
● Just be consistent in reading such good content and attempt mock tests.
Wishing you good luck and success to all the aspirants!
Digital Marketing Executive at Testbook.com Edu Solutions
Mithila Kotibhaskar is a Digital Marketing Executive working at Testbook.com. Though a Computer Engineer by qualification, her passion flows through various Digital Marketing verticals – Content Writing, SEO, and Google Adwords, to name a few. Being always curious to learn new things, she tries to chase perfection in everything she attempts. Creating singing videos on YouTube channel and playing musical instruments like harmonium and musical keyboard is her favorite pastime. Being a health freak, she is addicted to Zumba classes.
Click here to Join our Telegram Channel for Update - Don't miss
Click here to Join our Telegram Channel for Update - Don't miss
नोट (Note) –
सभी उम्मीदवारों से अनुरोध है कि वे उपयुक्त पद के लिए पात्रता संबधी निर्देशों का अवलोकन भली-भांति कर लें एवं किसी भी विज्ञापन पर आवेदन करने से पहले अपने समझ से काम लेवें। कृपया सटिक एवं अधिक जानकारी के लिए विभागीय नोटिफिकेशन या विज्ञापन देखें। किसी भी स्थिति में विभागीय विज्ञापन में दिये गये निर्देश ही सही माने जावेंगे।
‘‘विस्तृत विज्ञापन डाउनलोड करने के लिए उपर दिये गये बाहरी लिंक (External Link) पर क्लिक करें अथवा विभागीय वेबसाइट पर जायें।’’
निवेदन (Request) -
आप सभी से निवेदन है कि इस Job Link को अपने अधिक से अधिक दोस्तों एवं वाट्स एप गुप तथा अन्य सोशल नेटवर्क जो भी आप प्रयोग करते हों में शेयर करें और एक अच्छा रोजगार पाने में उनकी मदद करें।