NTA successfully conducted its first session of JEE Main Examination on 12th January 2019 and about 9.4 Lakh students appeared for the JEE Main January session. Candidates, who will clear the JEE Mains, will have a chance to appear in the JEE Advanced, another entrance for admissions to the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IITs). Other than that, candidate can directly seek admissions to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs after clearing the JEE Mains. However, the catch is that, this time, the scores will be calculated in a slightly varied manner from the procedures that were being followed until last year. This happened as a direct consequence of making the JEE Mains a Computer Based Online Test. Read more to know about the JEE Main 2019 Result in this article.
JEE Main 2019
JEE Main is one the most sought after examination in India that candidates apply to get into one of the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. Since the NTA has taken over the control of the JEE Mains, it was a made a computer based test and to be held twice a year. However, just the Drawing section from the Paper 2 had to be taken offline as it required candidate to draw on a paper. The January session was over on 12th; for the April session, the proceedings will begin from February 2019. Speaking of the changes, NTA has introduced a new procedure for the calculation of candidate’s JEE Main score. Other than that, NTA had made several arrangements to make sure that the JEE Main exam would be a success.
Statistics for the January Session Exam
- The National Testing Agency had revealed the figures associated with the JEE Main 2019 January session examination, and speaking of figures, there were 1109250 candidates registered to take the JEE Mains exam.
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card was made available on 17th December 2018.
- Out the 11.9 Lakh candidates, 929198 candidates were registered for the Paper 1 and 180052 candidates were registered for Paper 2.
- For Paper 1, there were a total of 660478 male candidates, 286706 female candidates, and 5 transgender candidates.
- For Paper 2, there were a total of 104393 male candidates, 75658 female candidates, and 1 transgender candidate. In both the Paper, maximum numbers of candidates were from the General category and least from the Schedule Tribe category.
Measures taken by NTA for Efficient Conduct of JEE Main Exam
NTA, in organizing the JEE Main exam for the first time, had quite a handful of arrangements to discuss. First, a Control Room had been opened and 25 State Coordinators, 254 City Coordinators and 566 Observers had been positioned. NTA had a third-party audit of all examination centers.
There were provisions of live CCTV coverage of each and every test center just like it was setup last year. The NTA had also made arrangements for live viewing at remote location and the recorded CCTV Systems of all examination centers is in the Control Room situated in the NTA office.
Provision of TPCs and Mock Test for Candidates
A network of more than 4000 Test Practice Centers, especially for students of rural areas, has run free practice sessions. To assist aspirants of JEE Mains January 2019 candidates, the NTA on 2nd January 2019 communicated to all 9.4 Lakh candidates through e-mail and SMS, about additional Mock Tests, which are specially prepared for their benefit. During the first four days of its announcement, about 3 Lakh of these candidates have visited the Mock Tests and benefited from it.
Furthermore, about 24 thousand opted for using TPC centers and such candidates were provided a TPC, close to their place of stay and they took the Mock Test on 5th and 6th January 2019. The Mock Tests were also available online. About 2519290 candidates have used this facility.
In order to curb cheating using mobile networks, Jammers have been installed in all the Centers. A total of about 4,000 jammers per shift in all 10 shifts have been put in place.
While assuring the candidates of the highest professional conduct of the exam, NTA requests cooperation of all the stakeholders for an orderly conduct of the exam.
Normalization Technique based on Percentile Score
Since the JEE Main Results will be a crucial factor in deciding the future of all the candidates who just appeared in the examination, it will be the next most anticipated event for the candidates.
We all now know that JEE Mains examination was conducted in multiple shifts, over several days. Moreover, the exam difficulty was usually varied and it would be wrong to judge candidates solely on their exam test score. This could create judging candidates in unfair grounds.
For this purpose, NTA has introduced the Normalization technique based on the candidate’s percentile score. This is to neither benefit nor disadvantaged due to the varied difficulty level of the examination.
The Percentile score of a Candidate is calculated as follows:
- 100 X Number of candidates appeared in the „Session‟ with raw score EQUAL TO OR LESS than the candidate / Total number of the candidates appeared in the ‟Session‟.
However, it is to be noted that the Percentile of the Total shall NOT be an aggregate or average of the Percentile of individual subject. Percentile score is not the same as percentage of marks obtained.
How to Check JEE Main Result?
- Candidates can check the JEE Main Result by the end of January 2019. To check the JEE Main Result, candidates can follow the steps given below.
- Candidates will be able to view the exam JEE Main Result 2019 by logging in to the registered ID by entering the application number and date of birth. The detailed procedure is as follow.
- Candidates need to go to the official website of NTA JEE Main; access the link that leads to JEE Main Result; enter in roll number and date of birth along with the security pin; click on submit
- The JEE Main 2019 Result PDF will open in a new window.
- Candidates may download and keep printed copies of the result.
JEE Main Answer Key 2019
National Testing Agency has already released the official JEE Main Answer Key for the questions that were asked in each of the shifts. Candidates can access the JEE Main Answer Key from the official website till 17th of January 2019. The Answer Key will help candidates in assessing their probable score for their performance.
Candidates, in order to avail the answer key, will have to go to the official website of the NTA; wherefrom, they will have to choose the combination that they will need to enter. The answer Key will be opened in the PDF format.
नोट (Note) –
सभी उम्मीदवारों से अनुरोध है कि वे उपयुक्त पद के लिए पात्रता संबधी निर्देशों का अवलोकन भली-भांति कर लें एवं किसी भी विज्ञापन पर आवेदन करने से पहले अपने समझ से काम लेवें। कृपया सटिक एवं अधिक जानकारी के लिए विभागीय नोटिफिकेशन या विज्ञापन देखें। किसी भी स्थिति में विभागीय विज्ञापन में दिये गये निर्देश ही सही माने जावेंगे।
‘‘विस्तृत विज्ञापन डाउनलोड करने के लिए उपर दिये गये बाहरी लिंक (External Link) पर क्लिक करें अथवा विभागीय वेबसाइट पर जायें।’’
निवेदन (Request) -
आप सभी से निवेदन है कि इस Job Link को अपने अधिक से अधिक दोस्तों एवं वाट्स एप गुप तथा अन्य सोशल नेटवर्क जो भी आप प्रयोग करते हों में शेयर करें और एक अच्छा रोजगार पाने में उनकी मदद करें।